What makes Ramadan special?
Ramzan is the most precious month in the Islamic calendar (Hijri) and it is mandatory for the Muslims to fast in Ramadan month. Here are some interesting facts that reflect the importance of Ramadan in Islam.
- Holy Quran appeared for the first time in the month of Ramadan.
- Fasting in the month of Ramadan is the fourth pillar of Islam in five.
- It helps in achieving Takwa from fasting (performance of actions which pleases Allah and avoids those actions which displease him).
- Ramadan is considered to be the month of the Qur’an. It is highly recommended in Ramadan to read and study the Holy Qur’an and to share it with others.
- Decree’s Night or The Night of Power (Laylat al-Qadr) is the month, which is better than a thousand months.
- In this holy month, the gates of heaven are opened, the doors of hell are closed and monsters are followed.
Umrah (small / short pilgrimage) in Ramadan is equal to Haj (major pilgrimage).
- Muslims follow Ittefaq (staying in the mosque for worship) in Ramzan during the last 10 days of the holy month.
Offering it (sunset meal for breakfast) in Ramadan is a very beneficial task.
- It is also highly recommended to give Zakaat (mandatory tax / donation – 2.5% money / savings / property) and Sadakya (voluntary donation) in Ramzan.
- An authentic hadith of Prophet Muhammad (salutations) has said that in the hope of fasting and reward in Ramadan, we will forgive all our previous sins, provided that major sins have been committed.
Ramadan in the Qur’an
The month of Ramadan [that] which was revealed in the Qur’an, a guidance and guidance and clear proof of criterion for the people, Therefore, whoever revolves around [the new moon], let him fast; And whoever is sick or on a journey – then the same number of other days Allah is easy for you and does not have difficulty and intention for you and you want you to fulfill that period and glorify Allah for it [ Whom] He is guided you; And maybe you will be grateful
[Quran 2: 185]
Actually, we have sent the Quran down during the Night of Decree. And can you know what is the decree night? Decree night angels and soul peace It is the emergence of Dawn [Quran 97:1-5]